Frequently Asked Question
Microsoft Outlook: How to Delete the Oldest Messages
Last Updated 2 years ago
Sort Your Emails by Date
Sort your emails by date to quickly identify the oldest emails and delete them.
- Click the RECEIVED column to sort your email messages by date. (Note: Clicking the column multiple times will change the sort order from decreasing dates to increasing dates and back again.)
- Delete any messages you don’t need, starting with the oldest first. Try to delete any messages older than 2 years.
- Repeat this step for EACH folder in your mailbox.
- Don’t forget to empty the “Deleted Items” folder when you are done.
- See How to Empty the "Deleted Items" Folder
- See How to Delete Messages from the "Sent Items" Folder
- See How to Save Attachments
- See How to Delete the Largest Messages
Keywords: Clean Email Inbox