Frequently Asked Question
IT Updates - 201910, OCT 2019
Last Updated 4 months ago
-- From: Brandon Ray, Director of IT Services
- Oct. 18 @ 6:00pm - Oct. 19 @ noon: IT Services will upgrade servers; network services will be unavailable periodically; downtime will be minimal.
- Nov. 15 @ 6:00pm - Nov. 16 @ noon: IT Services will upgrade servers; network services will be unavailable periodically; downtime will be minimal.
- October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Answer the Hacktober security question of the day for a chance to win a $50 gift card.
- October 17 is National Spreadsheet Day. Check out this gallery of cool Google sheets.
- October 18 is the anniversary of Charles Babbage's death in 1871. Considered the "Father of Computing," he built a mechanical calculator in the early 19th century.
- October 29 is Internet Day. Go back in time to the very first website.
- IT Services is deploying Windows 10 and Office 2016.
- IT Services is upgrading the college's email server.
- IT Services is working to improve the user experience with the Navigate advising application.
- IT Services is working on the statewide ctcLink (PeopleSoft) project.
- IT Services completed a project to improve the security of its backup data in case of a ransomware attack.
- IT Services isolated the document imaging system to improve security.
- IT Services decommissioned an old web server.
- IT Services added a new Head Start building to the network at Barnes elementary school in Kelso.
- IT Services completed the access control project in the Main building.
- IT Services moved the Math Achievement Center, Testing Center, Test Proctoring Center and a number of offices into the remodeled Main building.
- IT Services opened 13 classrooms in the Main building that were remodeled with new audiovisual equipment.
- IT Services upgraded two conference rooms in the Main building to include audiovisual and videoconferencing equipment.
- IT Services setup a new phone tree for Student Services to quickly route incoming calls, including calls from individuals who speak Spanish, to the most appropriate person who can help.
- IT Services expanded wireless network coverage in the Admissions and Vocational buildings.
- IT Services completed the critical requests for the Navigate Advising project.
- Opened: 392
- Resolved: 380
- Unresolved: 112
- Average time to resolve requests in the last 90 days: 2 Days, 6 Hours (at end of day 10/4/2019)
- For current statistics, view the IT Services Quality of Service page.